Friday, September 07, 2007

You Never Get a Second Chance...

To make a FIRST IMPRESSION...

So every afternoon I stand with the other parents waiting to pick up their children from school... and since I really don't "know" anyone... I just kinda hide behind my sunglasses and observe everyone...

These are SOME of the things I have OBSERVED (keeping in mind these are SOME of the PARENTS picking up their children from school)

A Father who has not ONE of those RIDICULOUS "blue tooth" things but TWO of those RIDICULOUS "blue tooth" things... one in EACH ear

A Mother sporting a particular brand of motorcycle shirt that on the back is emblazoned in BRIGHT ORANGE with the graphic "This BITCH won't fall off"

A Mother wearing SPONGEBOB lounge pants with a big white t-shirt, flip flops and NO BRA (don't ask me how I know she DIDN'T have on a bra... let me just say... she NEEDED ONE)

A Father in a "half shirt", fingerless gloves and sweatshorts and NO UNDERWEAR (don't ask me how I know THAT... trust me... he was going COMMANDO)

A Father wearing a t-shirt with the graphic "CLUB EROTICA" across the back (THAT is the name of a "local place" out by the airport... you KNOW the kinda place I'm referring to)

A Couple (I am ASSUMING is a Mother and Father) leaning against the school... the man has his back against the building legs apart... the woman standing in between his legs leaning INTO him and the man's hands are in the back pockets of the woman's BOOTY SHORTS and they are SMOOCHING (just so you know... I'm not a huge fan of PDAs between adults)

You Never Get A Second Chance To Make A First Impression... My "mantra" for this week...

Picking up my daughter from school every afternoon sure hasn't been boring!

2 comments:

Stacey said...

LOL, Lala, you cracked me up! Well...you know what I said in my post about broken people. Who are they really? I think you just described half a dozen or so. After all the confidence has been drained out of you and the will to climb out of your circumstance has gone, this is all there is. Sadly, I would have worn that motorcycle tee at one point in my life--because it would have identified me as tougher than I was to anyone who wondered. Yup, broken, no doubt. (but still quite an amusing little group of parents you have there!)

Sharon Sews said...

Oh Lala, LOL! I'm just imagining what this must have looked like! Sometimes I wish we could see ourselves as others view us - would it make us stop and reconsider the image we're projecting to the world?