Saturday, September 08, 2007

Too Many Broken Pieces...

STACEY over at JAMEEFOREVER recently posted a lovely entry in her blog about "Broken Pieces" (sorry... I'm not techie enough yet to link you directly to her blog)... This has been my morning so far...

I woke up at 7:30am to a ringing phone... it was my friend "M"... she was crying... her brother had passed away... WHEN noone is really sure (she had gotten the call late last night)... The last time anyone had spoke to him was about a week and a half ago... "PJ" was a sad soul... a failed marriage had sent him into a downward spiral that he was unable to recover from... I had never met "PJ" personally... but "M" had talked a lot about him... how in the BEGINNING the family did everything they could to help "PJ" get is life back on track... but he was "so broken" "M" knew (and was afraid) he wouldn't survive... it was just a matter of time...

I feel sad for "PJ" and his children (13yo and 17yo)... and I feel sad for my friend "M"... because in the end SHE was the only one willing to TRY to put all the 'broken pieces' back together...

I hope "PJ" has found PEACE... and is nolonger hurting... and I hope my friend "M" finds PEACE... and the knowledge that she did everything she could to help her brother... there were just too many 'broken pieces' for one person to fix.


***NOTE- THANK YOU again Stacey (Jameeforever) for posting such an insightful post-I hope you don't mind my references***

2 comments:

Stacey said...

Oh Lala, this is terrible. I'm very sorry for your friend's loss, and know firsthand how traumatic it is to lose a sibling far before time. When these things happen in life, our pastor says he doesn't know why, he doesn't have answers to everything. I like that. I wouldn't trust a human who claimed to. Only God has the answers and it's clear in the Bible we won't until we've joined Him. And I've always said about losing Jamee--when I get that explaination, it'd probably better be good, lol.

Lala, when I read this post, it stands out to me that your friend called you. She knew she could at that early hour and she did. And she knew she wanted you to be an important part of her cleaning crew--you'll be looking for a way to help pick up the broken-ness in her life for as long as it takes. Bless your heart, Lala, I think that exeplifies the spirit of that post completely.

PS--to link to someone is easy. Email me at sacrossley@kc.rr.com and I'll send you step-by-step. xoxoxo

Sharon Sews said...

Lala, I'm so sorry to hear about your friend's brother. There really are no words are there? My brother lost his first wife to ovarian cancer almost seven years ago and he too sunk into such a depression that we feared at times we would lose him.

It's wonderful that you were there for your friend, and, like Stacey said, she knew she could count on you. And isn't our God so awesome and wonderful that He knew Stacey would write a post that would help you help your friend?

And I see that Stacey has already offered her assistance on how to add a link to your post so it appears you're all set!