Saturday, September 22, 2007

Learning "THE Look"...

I am trying to teach Lilley-Kate my disapproving look... like when she misbehaves... or is "ugly" (not nice) to someone... I give her "THE Look"... you know the one... probably the one very similar to the one we all had growing up... right? Well... there are times when Lilley-Kate can read that look from the next room... and other times when I takes her about 10 minutes to realize I am giving her the look... Just a bit ago she was "ugly" (not nice) to the dog... Abbie was laying in the Living Room... snoring like a buzzsaw (LOL) and Lilley-Kate walked in and said "Abbie... get into your kennel... you are in my way"... so I go into the Living Room (as Abbie is walking OUT of the Living Room) and stand there giving "THE Look" to Lilley-Kate... she looks straight at me and then away... setting up her Barbies... occassionally looking back at me (yes... I haven't moved and I am still giving her "THE Look"...)... she looks back... I'm still there... the Barbie's are ready for tea... she looks back... I'm STILL there with the SAME LOOK ... finally she sighs... gets up... goes into the Family Room (where Abbie is now laying... again snoring like a buzzsaw) and kneels down and whispers "Sorry Abbie" (Abbie responds by thumping her tail twice on the floor... but doesn't even open her eyes!!! )... Lilley-Kate comes back into the Living Room and says "Mommy... I told Abbie I'm Sorry... you can go now"... to which I respond "Thank You" and turn around and leave the room... the Barbie's sound like they are having a fun tea... I think I'll go join in the fun!

1 comment:

Jacki McHale said...

It's awesome that you have the patience to stand there and give "the look" I seriously take notes from your blog, on tips for raising kids.

If you don't mind me asking how old is Lilley-Kate?