Sunday, September 09, 2007

Being a Friend...

I am a friend... Someone you can lean on in times of trouble sadness and despair... I will laugh with you in the goodtimes... and cry with you when you are sad... I will celebrate your triumphs and help you up when you fail... I will stand by you and give you strength when you feel the weakest... and cheer for you when you are strong... I will share your pain as if it is my own... and feel your joy with you... I will help guide you through the darkness... and stand with you in the light... I will listen when you are angry... and understand... it is just a temporary emotion... you can need me just for a bit... or longer... I'll be here... it's what FRIENDS do... for each other... it's what being a FRIEND means... in good times... or bad... happy or sad... I am a friend...

2 comments:

Stacey said...

Lala, this is what I'm talking about! You probably know as I do that there seems to be a shortage of friends that DO nowadays. We're a pretty busy bunch of society and it's stressful when the phone rings and there are stacks upon stacks of 'to dos' waiting. I think if I can find a way to reduce those stacks, I'd definitely be a better listener. Good reminder, I need to start reducing right away. xoxo

PS--how do you know Sharon? I adore her.

Robyn said...

You are so cute! What a good pic!