Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Tuesday's "TIP"...


Today is "Tip Day" here at According to Lala...


Sometimes kids (and adults) have trouble remembering RIGHT and LEFT... here's an easy way to help remember quickly... and it's a great way to teach little one's... put your hands out in front of you (palms facing away)... stick out "your" thumb on each hand... See which hand makes the "L"??? THAT is the LEFT hand... so the other one is the RIGHT...


I have taught both my children RIGHT and LEFT using this technique... try it with your little one(s)!!!

3 comments:

Stacey said...

Thanks for the birthday wish, LaLa! I'm blessed to count you as my friend--even when I'm falling apart so quickly! xoxo

She She said...

All of my kids are right-handed so it's been easy for us to teach right from left. You write with your right.

Jacki McHale said...

I am HORRIBLE at right and left, I do this all the time, especially if I am giving directions. I will hold up my hands and make an L, Duh. This, I must confess is my weakness.