Wednesday, October 10, 2007

The BIG RED SIGN...

I'm a bit irritated today... so... For those of you who MAY not know or realize this...

The BIG RED SIGN you see when you are driving??? The one that MAY be at the end of your street... OR at the intersection in town... or MAYBE in a place that you would least expect it... you KNOW the one... it's BIG... RED... usually on a pole (usually)... and has the WHITE LETTERS... S... T... O... P emblazoned acrossed it... It's a TRAFFIC SIGN... MORE SPECIFICALLY a STOP SIGN... It means STOP... and STOP means that ALL FOUR TIRES on your car are NOT MOVING/ROLLING FORWARD... so the "California Stop" doesn't "count" as STOPPING... and approaching an interesection and doing the "quick glance" to make sure no cars are coming (or there isn't a hidden little "copper" around) as you BLOW THROUGH the sign doesn't "count" either... I really can't believe anyone doesn't KNOW WHAT THAT SIGN MEANS... So let's review... BIG READ SIGN with WHITE LETTERS... means STOP!

2 comments:

Stacey said...

Ohhh KAY!!! But do I need to pitch a tent?! xoxo

Jacki McHale said...

Instead of the California Stop, here in the midwest I know it as the Garage Sale Stop. I am a guilty roller. My DH is always on me about this. I have been trying, maybe if I left on time...