Saturday, October 06, 2007

A GOOD REPORT... See You in 2017!!!

OK... so I went to the dentist this past week (on Tuesday)... I'm kinda ashamed to admit (but not too ashamed since I'm going to admit) that it had probably been 10 years (and that is a conservative guess) since I had visited the dentist... I'm not sure WHY... guess just because I brush my teeth fanatically... haven't had a toothache... so what reason was there to go??? But I went... and got a GOOD REPORT... no cavities... and when the hygenist went to do that "scraping thing" she said... "Oh good... I see that you floss"... I do??? Um... NOPE... not a flosser... (the floss always seems to get stuck in between my teeth and then shreds when I try to pull it out)... but I just kinda sat there quietly and nodded my head... LOL... (yea... I'm SO NOT going to admit to her that I'm not a flosser!!!)... so then the DENTIST comes in and gives my teeth the "once over"..."BLAH BLAH BLAH" is basically what I heard him say... and I kinda nodded my head (he was telling me that I shouldn't wait so long in between appts.)... THEN back to the hygenist for a "polish"... THIS is what happened...

So she starts to polish my teeth... there I sit with my mouth WIDE OPEN and her gloved fingers in my mouth... AND SHE IS ASKING ME QUESTIONS... UM... HEEEEEELLLLLOOOO... How in the HELL am I suppose to answer you??? So... after about the 5th question I kinda *wave* my hand and she removes her fingers and instruments and says "Oh... do you need to SPIT?"... to which I reply... "I don't mean to be a BITCH... but can you NOT talk to me because I can't answer you with your fingers in my mouth" (NOW... keep in mind that my "AUNT FLO" was due any minute... so I had very little patience for ANYONE'S YAPPING let alone HER YAPPING)... You should've seen the look on her face... it was like a LIGHT CAME ON... she says "Oh... I never thought of that... I wonder if other people think that when I am talking to them?" (yea honey... I can pretty much guarentee they do)... "Oh... no... I'm sure they don't... but I just feel bad that I can't answer your questions" (I can be a pretty good liar when I "NEED" to be)... so she finished up the "polish" in SERENE SILENCE (thank goodness!!!)

So I go to "check out" at the desk after I'm done... and the office manager says to me... "Mrs. Lala... would you like to make your 6th month appt. now?"... to which I reply... "Oh... no thanks... I'll just see you in 10 years"...

4 comments:

Stacey said...

Okay I dislike you intensely! I go to the dentist ALL the dang time, I brush all the time and I FLOSS!! Still have a bridget now and gosh darnnit I work hard. Oh well, I guess I'm falling apart everywhere, may as well be in my mouth too.

Unknown said...

www.domestichaven.wordpress.com

mimi :)

Anonymous said...

Hahaha.. scared to go for dentist ya.. me too.. I still got my last wisdom tooth that need to extract out.. my God..

Stacey said...

Okay Lala--I get in my blog and drive all the way over here because someone promised me 8 things! Where are my 8 things? I'm very disappointed :( I mean, I don't mean to be a bitch and all, but you did say......muahahahahah!

xoxo