Monday, October 15, 2007

Being A "Bee"... I LOVE the SEINFELDS!!!


I rarely get to watch TV in the afternoons... after picking up Lilley-Kate from school we pretty much have a "set" routine which doesn't include much TV time... BUT... I have been able to catch a bit recently and it has got me to thinking of a few things...

I watched OPRAH last week when JESSICA SEINFELD was on "pimping" her new book "DECEPTIVELY DELICIOUS"... although I am NOT an OPRAH "fan" I did watch the whole show... and can I say... I LOVE JESSICA SEINFELD!!! She's cute... she's a Mom... and she seemed to be genuinely concerned with giving other Moms (who struggle with the "vegetable issue") a great tool (in her cookbook and recipes)... she came across as someone I would LOVE to just sit down with and chat it up... I DO have to give her credit... she ran with something (adding "hidden" ingredients to foods WITHOUT the "family's" knowledge) that LOTS of Moms have been doing for a LONG time (I mean I have been adding mashed bananas or shredded apples to my pancake mix since Nick was little)... I just LOVED the whole show and thought the set was decorated to match the theme very well... and of course you can NEVER have TOO MUCH PINK... :o) ... I DID wonder though if OPRAH was going to eat EVERY SINGLE thing Jessica talked about... and she pretty much did... I bought the cookbook and am EXCITEDLY awaiting it's arrival!!!

So TODAY... again I watched the entire episode of OPRAH... although I am still NOT a "fan"... and JERRY SEINFELD was on "pimping" his movie "BEE MOVIE"... and can I say... I LOVE JERRY SEINFELD too!!! He was his typical witty/hysterical self... talked sweetly about his wife... how he likes things "just so" in his life and home... and his movie also... he told a story of how the whole movie was "born" over a MUCH ANTICIPATED dinner with Mr. Speilberg... during the telling of that story... he made mention of wanting to be AT the resturant BEFORE Speilberg arrived as a sign of RESPECT... later in the show OPRAH asks him what "irritates/bothers" him in life... and in typical "Jerry Fashion" he talks about "technology ettiquette" and "road/driving ettiquette" and the "laziness" of society in general (all done very tounge and cheek... but striking a cord none the less)... and it made me LOVE HIM EVEN MORE... (although I DO think that he may have "stretched" the whole "Seinfeld" sitcom a couple years too long)... We will DEFINITELY be going to see the "BEE MOVIE"... it looks SUPER CUTE!!!

So... I got to thinking... about "BEEing"... and here are some things that I think would help "society" in general... because I agree that in some wierd way "we ALL" (as a society) have gotten away from "BEEing"...

"BEE"...
Loving
Kind
Compassionate
Courteous
Understanding
Tolerant
Respectful
True
Loyal
Patient
Giving
Faithful
Prayerful
Thoughtful
Helpful
Appreciative
Civil

I think as an exercise in "self-improvement" I am going to pick one "BEE" every week to concentrate on... and every day of each week I will do "something" towards that "BEE" (does that make sense??? LOL)... anyway... It probably won't be "easy"... but then I imagine "Being a BEE" isn't easy either!

1 comment:

Sharon Sews said...

Oh what a sweet post. I should print out the BEEs and do the same thing! Now I'm older than you, but I remember Romper Room and the DO-BEEs and the DON'T-BEEs - probably on the same topic as this... teaching kids respect for one another. Too bad so many of us seem to forget all that when we grow up huh?