Tuesday, October 09, 2007

CrAzY 8s...

Well... CAT was tagged for a little "meme"... and tagged STACEY... but STACEY didn't tag anyone specifically... so I tagged myself (pathetic I know)... I told Stacey to come visit me last night for my Crazy 8s... and she did... but I hadn't put my Crazy 8s up yet (no... not lazy... just busy)... ANYWAY... Here are my CRAZY 8s...

CrAzY 8s
8 Things I'm PASSIONATE About...
1. My Children
2. My Husband
3. Well mannered/behaved Children
4. Reading
5. Doing the RIGHT thing
6. Parenting
7. Music
8. Sweet Mesquite Barbeque Pringles

8 Things I Want To Do Before I Die...
1. Spend a Summer on the coast of Maine
2. Feel comfortable in my own skin
3. Take a cross country trip with my husband and the kids
4. Let the people that mean the most to me KNOW how much I value them
5. Live with the knowledge that I WAS strong enough to break the cycle
6. Visit Europe again
7. Renew our wedding vows
8. Hear "You are a Good Mother/Parent" from my Mother

8 Things I Often Say...
1. Are You Kidding Me?
2. What are you 12?
3. Choppy Chop
4. I Love You
5. Thank You
6. Whatever
7. Fabulous
8. Oh... THAT is attractive

8 Books I've Recently Read...
1. Magic Matt and the Cat (Scholastic Reader Level 1)
2. Eat Love Pray (Elizabeth Gilbert)
3. Night Gardening (Anita Shreve)
4. The Crush (Sandra Brown)
5. Ricochet (Sandra Brown)
6. All He Ever Wanted (Anita Shreve)
7. Reunion (Nora Roberts)
8. Little House Series (I read these every Summer)

8 Songs I Could Listen to OVER and OVER...
1. Safety Dance (Men Without Hats)
2. Lady Marmalade
3. Dreamweaver (Gary Wright)
4. I Only Have Eyes For You (The Flamingos)
5. Beautiful In My Eyes (Joshua Kadison)
6. Wind Beneath My Wings (Bette Midler)
7. Amazing Grace (My Father's Favorite Song)
8. God Bless America

8 Things That Attract Me To My Best Friends
1. Their sense of humors
2. Their loyalty
3. Their honesty
4. Their Kindness
5. Their ability to remind me what is TRULY IMPORTANT
6. Their willingness to love me even with MY flaws
7. Their willingness to let me make the plans (it's that whole "control issue" with me)
8. Their willingness to have ME as THEIR friend

8 Things I've Learned This Past Year...
1. That not everything is BLACK or WHITE (there is "gray matter" to be seen)
2. That as much as I may want someone to be different... they are who they are
3. Everyone has at least ONE good quality to be found
4. Sometimes the "ties that bind" can also end up choking you
5. "It" always gets better
6. I'll never hear "You are a good Parent"
7. To count to TEN and take a deep breath before speaking in anger
8. That I AM A GOOD PARENT

8 People I think Should Do Crazy 8s... OK... so I'm going to take my "que" from Stacey... I don't really know 8 other bloggers well enough to "tag" them... so I'll extend an open invitation to participate if ya want!!!

1 comment:

Stacey said...

Oh Lala, that gray matter issue is hard, I hear ya! And don't you think that's you and I growing, in faith, in understanding, in compassion? I do. I'm glad I see gray more and more, but I also know there's a time and a place for black and white and I need to stand up then too. Great 8's--but Safety Dance? THAT's your number one? Oh, Lala, you need me. xoxo