Friday, August 24, 2007

The Tale of Stinky Feet...

OK... I'll admit it... I have stinky feet... well... not ALWAYS... but sometimes... not in WINTER (unless I'm wearing my boots for the entire day... then I have stinky feet in Winter)... but in Spring and Summer... yep... I have stinky feet... I don't necessarily think it is my FEET themselves that are stinky... but my feet IN my shoes... I have favorite pairs of shoes... 2 in particular are "slides"... with just the slightest little bit of heel/sole... SUPER COMFY... but my feet in these 2 particualr pairs are SUPER STINKY... again... I'm blaming the SHOES mostly... the footbeds of my fav shoes are like a suedeish leather material... which I am THINKING trap the sweat coming off my feet... and then the SHOES become stinky... I mean REALLY STINKY... like those shearling lined Winter slippers of my husbands... HOLY COW... we can be sitting watching TV and he'll just slide his heel out of the slipper and all of a sudden I am GASPING for breath!!! UGH... UBER STINKY... I have even noticed if I casually "flip" my shoe on my foot while sitting cross legged I get a STINKY wiff... and quickly stop... I've tried EVERYTHING (well... everything I know to try)... Lysoling the INSIDES of my shoes after I wear them... My Dad suggested FEBREEZE... tried it... didn't work... powdering my feet (with foot powder) before putting the shoes on... wiping my feet off periodically throughout the day with a baby wipe... using UNDERARM deodorant on the bottoms of my feet (which then gave me ITCHY STINKY FEET)... airing out my shoes once I take them off... nothing seems to help... I have heard of soaking your feet in JELLO/GELATIN... that is suppose to take the STINK out... haven't gotten the courage to try that though... well... I guess I'll just have to be patient for now... my STINKY FEET won't last much longer... the weather is changing... and once it gets COLD... I won't have STINKY FEET anymore... until next Spring/Summer... or unless I wear my boots all day long...

1 comment:

Mrs. J said...

I had stinky fee too because the shoes were stinky lol. I had to get ride of them because I don't wanna be embarrased. I just sport open-toed shoes/sandals to be on the safe-side.