Wednesday, August 15, 2007

"My Favorite Girl"...

I waited so long to have my daughter... and when she arrived I was elated... a daughter!!! Someone to share all my "girlie" passions with... deciding what name to bestow her with was pretty easy... being from the South (and a Truly Southern Girl) it is typically traditional to give your daughter the MAIDEN NAME of their maternal grandmother (my Mother)... so that is exactly what we did... hyphenating it with a "good Catholic name" (husband's request) and giving her my mother-in-law's MAIDEN NAME as her middle name... Lilley-Katherine Kalo... Lilley-Kate for "short"... Anyway... we were playing a little "game" one day... and I was calling her by every name I could think of but her OWN name... when all of a sudden she said to me (in a quite serious 5 year old "tone")... "Mommy... remember... I'm Lilley-Kate... Your Favorite Girl!"... to which I hugged her tightly and said "Yes... Lilley-Kate... My FAVORITE Girl"...

No comments: