Tuesday, August 07, 2007

20 Days and Counting...

In 20 short days my youngest will head off to Kindergarten... and I am sad... sad sad sad... just like when we sat and watched our oldest graduate from high-school last year I am wondering where the time has gone... we have worked diligently to "prepare" youngest child for the "big step"... ALL DAY KINDERGARTEN... we have practiced all the "required material" (letters, numbers, name, address, phone number, birthday)... basic sight word reading... taking turns AND sharing (although this has been tricky at times)... Played "cafeteria"... practiced using the term RESTROOM (THAT has been quite hilarious at times)... Youngest child has approached each "task" with enthusiasm and willingness and I have realized that my "baby" is nolonger a "baby"... :o( We will spend the next 20 days continuing to learn and re-enforcing what we have already learned... I don't doubt that the first few days will be "rough" for youngest child (and me)... I have decided to offer to volunteer at the school... I think it will help ME make the transition much easier... but I am still sad... but maybe more of a "happy-sad" if that is possible.

No comments: