My Friend JENN recently started a little diddy she calls "10 on Tuesday"... I thought it was a fun idea so I decided to start "5 on Friday" (I decided trying to come up with 10 interesting things all in one fell swoop would leave me sitting here all day... LOL...) So here we go.... the first FIVE ON FRIDAY...
1. I am old enough to remember life without UNLEADED GAS, MICROWAVES, REMOTE CONTROLLED TVs, ANSWERING MACHINES, CELLPHONES, DIGITAL CAMERAS, and COMPUTERS (and no... I'm not THAT OLD!)
2. I am old enough to remember life with ASSIGNED SEATS ON THE SCHOOLBUS, ASSIGNED SEATS IN CLASSES, CORPORAL PUNISHMENT IN SCHOOLS, HOME EC. CLASSES and AFTER SCHOOL DANCES (and again... I'm not THAT OLD!)
3. I am old enough to remember life without 24 HOUR NEWS CHANNELS, MTV, VH1, BET, FOOD NETWORK, NICKELODEON, LIFETIME and CABLE TV!
4. I am old enough to remember life with AFTER SCHOOL SPECIALS, SATURDAY MORNING (only) CARTOONS, THE WALTONS, HAPPY DAYS, DALLAS and WILD KINGDOM! (and I don't even walk with assistance yet!)
5. I am old enough to remember life without DRIVE THRU BANKING, ATMS, DEBIT CARDS, and FAST FOOD RESTURANTS TAKING CREDIT CARDS!
Like I said... I'm not THAT OLD... but sometimes I sure feel THAT OLD!
Have a nice weekend everyone!