Tuesday, December 30, 2008

I'm SO EXCITED... and so is SHE!!!...

For a while now I have been TRYING to get Lilley-Kate to let me paint her fingernails... she seems genuinely "delightfully interested" whenever one of her girlie friends are sporting painted nails... "Oh Mommy... I LOOOOOOOOOVED Kylee's sparklie nails"... and I would always ask her if SHE wanted sparklie nails... "Oh no... I wouldn't love MY nails sparklie... but I LOVE Kylee's nails sparklie"... whenever we were in the vacinity of the nailpolish/nail care stuff I would TRY to get her interested... but no luck... then TODAY...

As soon as she saw the nail polish display and a package of "nail gems"... the "bug" bit her... "Mommy.. can you paint my nails and put these sparklie things on them?"... I couldn't buy the stuff fast enough (I had to be super quick before she CHANGED HER MIND right???)... so... she (we) chose a soft frosted lilac polish... and a package of "nail gems"... as SOON as we got home (thinking my window of opportunity could close at any minute) I sat her down and we played "nail salon"...
She was THRILLED with the results and couldn't wait to show Nick and Daddy when they got home... she's already talking about getting PINK SPARKLIE POLISH the next time we go shopping!!!

3 comments:

Jenn said...

too cute :) funny that she had to work up her nerve...don't you wonder what is going through their silly heads sometimes??

she looks fab!!

Jenn

My Trendy Tykes said...

Beautiful nails!!

hee hee

Linda

Anonymous said...

YIPPEE!!!! SO glad she finally let you paint them!! They look LOVELY!!! :)