Saturday, November 10, 2007

Is it January 2 Yet???...

I've never quite been a fan of the "Holiday Season"... quite honestly I could skip from Halloween to January 2nd and not feel in the least bit like I missed anything... I don't know if I have always felt this way... but I've become accutely aware of it in probably the last 5 years... I KNOW I am NOT ALONE... I have recently heard quite a few others say that they are already ready for the holidays to be over... it's hard to explain really... I'm not totally sure it's the HOLIDAYS itself I'm not a "fan" of... or all that goes along with them...

I mean sitting at a table on Thanksgiving with a bunch of people that you don't even like... PRETENDING to be a "close-knit" family for 3 hours a year? Dancing around all the PINK ELEPHANTS in the room... so many PINK ELEPHANTS that the only place to stand is with your back to the wall?

Spending Christmas Eve Day with said "same close-knit family"... although this time the PINK ELEPHANTS are wearing festive Santa hats and carrying around cups of eggnog... but everyone else is still smashed up against the walls...

I guess it's not that bad... I mean it IS only 2ce a year right? But still... I'm looking forward to January 2...

No comments: