Monday, July 30, 2007

"My Haircut Looks Beautiful Mommy"...

Saturday after the SALE we (me, my husband, daughter, friend and friend's daughter's) all went out to "dinner" (nothing fancy... just WENDY'S) for a quick bite... after we got home we all took showers and were relaxing... our neighbors had just gotten back from vacation and I was out chatting it up with them (and thanking them for the TAFFY)... my husband had just come outside to bring some trash to the garage... I had drawn shapes on construction paper and our daughter was "practicing her cutting" by cutting out the shapes... well our daughter comes to the back door with a blanket over her head and around her face (like a babushka)... and says "Mommy... my hair looks beautiful"... um... WHAAAAAAAAT? OH NO... she didn't... she wouldn't... "You're hair looks what?"... I ask cautiously... "My haircCUT looks beautiful"... I thougth I was going to puke... I "calmly" say goodbye to the neighbors and walk VERY FAST into the house... and there she stands... with the babushka blanket around her head... "Let Mommy see your beautiful hair"... "Nooooooooooooo... it's beautiful"... the hystericas start... well... after everything calms down... and the blanket babushka is removed... the "Haircut" is revealed... let me just say TWO THINGS... ONE... it could've been a LOT worse (she did not cut to the scalp... THANK GOD!)... and TWO... WHY do the CHILD scissors that advertised they ONLY cut paper cut HAIR so well? My daughter is now sporting a "flapper style" BOB... Yes sweetie... NOW your haircut looks beautiful... :o)

No comments: