Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Easing Into It...

Well... we are into Summer "vacation" now... it always takes us a couple of weeks to "ease" into our Summer "routine"... nothing fancy... getting my Summer "To-Do" list made... setting up playdates and activities for Lilley-Kate... I like a bit of "transition time"... to casually enjoy the mornings, afternoons, and evenings at a slower pace...
Yesterday was one of those "slower paced days"... Lilley-Kate and I enjoyed some time outside doing a bit of gardening (ok... I gardened while she ran around chasing the first butterflies of the season)... then we played hopscotch... Yesterday evening we played PLAY-DOH and danced the Macarena (I had to look it up on YouTube as I never learned it the first time around... sad I know)

With Michael's new job he is home quite a bit earlier than before... so little projects are getting done... and he seems to like HIS "slower pace" of a 40 hour workweek... Nick seems to be struggling a bit with his Summer job... I keep reminding him that he only has to work until mid-August and that any situation is what we make it... but he's almost 20... enough said...

I have quite a Summer "To-Do" list... and once our "Ease Week" has ended... it's full speed ahead!

No comments: