Sunday, June 22, 2008

Crowded Out...

So... a couple of weeks ago we realized we had "occupants" in a nest under the front eave right outside Lilley-Kate's bedroom window... I had Michael literally hang out the window and snap a picture...


Then yesterday we noticed little heads poking up above the edge of the nest... so once again I had Michael hang out the window and snap a picture this morning (much to the disliking of the "Mother Robin" sqwuaking" from our neighbors roof)...



Well... we get ready to head out for a little shopping and I about have a heart attack when I step off the back porch!!! The BABY ROBINS have "flown the coop" (or do only chickens do that?... anyway)... we could only find one of the babies... which seemed quite comfortable on my car and obvious had no plans to move along...

The "Mommy Robin" sat watching from our neighbors roof... seemingly torn between concern and unconcern... finally she let out a couple of "sqwuaks" and flew away... she had given her little ones love, food, and shelter...

Now it was time for them to use their wings...

Lilley-Kate was quite perplexed as to WHY the "Mommy Robin" would just fly off and leave her babies... Michael explained that that is what some animals do... later in the car she said she wouldn't want to be a bird... I asked why... and she said "Because I wouldn't want you to just leave me like that Mommy bird left HER baby"... OH... my favorite girl... THAT would never happen...

No comments: