Saturday, June 23, 2007

It's All In The Name

I have this weird "habit" of nicknaming people that I know... I think it started in my early 20s maybe... MOST times I would/will let the person KNOW that they have been bestowed a nickname... and will from that day forward be addressed by that nickname... Of course... not ALL the nicknames I give are terms of endearment... unbeknownst to them... but MOST are... and some nicknames are ONLY used in private (I mean I am not totally into hurting someone's feelings that way) when a nicknamee is not present... I don't know WHY I started nicknaming people... I guess it's easier than remembering their names? No... I'm pretty good with names... I know other people who do the same thing... give people nicknames... so I know I'm not alone in this little "practice"... of course... I can just IMAGINE some of the nicknames people probably have given me... and I'm SURE most of them are NOT given as a term of endearment.... right NAPOLEON?

No comments: