Thursday, April 09, 2009

Traveling... Against the Grain

LAST week I realized something SHOCKING... EASTER was a week EARLIER than I THOUGHT it was!!! So I have been scrambling (ok... actually probably dragging my feet) this whole week to "catch up" and be ready to "hit the road" tomorrow morning... the best laid plans...


I DID decorate my "all season tree" at the end of March... put out a couple of Easter decorations (thinking I was "on the ball")... I'm totally happy with how my tree turned out... I LOVE the tree topper (eggs bought at Hobby Lobby for .99 each)... and of course the POMPOM GARLAND that I originally saw HERE added to the whimsey of the whole thing...
I just couldn't let Easter "whiz by" without at least ATTEMPTING an Easter craft... yea... attempting would be the operative word... when I saw THESE on retromama I KNEW I wanted to try them... TOTALLY CUTE... so I did... spent Tuesday carefully cutting and sewing... ending up with 6 "round" eggs... Hmmmmmmmmm... THEN I ready PEGGY'S BLOG and saw that SHE made the EGGS... and they LOOKED LIKE EGGS... and realized I had not read the DIRECTIONS carefully... am thinking (actually more than thinking) I skipped over the whole "grain direction" thing... and THAT is why I have 6 "balls" instead of EGGS... *sigh* Lately... that has been the story of my life... not being "on the grain"...


So... we are off to "The Old Dominion" to celebrate Easter with my family... as "unprepared" as I am (feel)...
I hope EVERYONE has a WONDERFUL EASTER!!! Is it MONDAY yet????

1 comment:

Peggy said...

Your tree is so pretty and really looks nice against your refinished staircase. And I think your eggs look very eggy, love the fabric combinations. I detect a touch of Mary E?! Hope you have a safe and fun trip back home!