Sunday, January 25, 2009

Disney Distraction...

Thankfully lately I have been given a distraction from the NEVER ENDING white stuff falling from the sky and the FRIGID cold temps... I have made a "mini-wardrobe" for "the girls" (Ruthie and Julie)... with "help" from Lilley-Kate (ok... not really help... but company... she loves to sit with me while I sew... she plays with the fabric scraps and buttons and ribbon... we sing little songs and just chat)...

One of my "projects" was to "pimp up" some premade garments sent to me by a friend... they are going to "escape" the cold and head South for a "Disney Distraction" soon... and her little one couldn't go without some "Disnified" duds... so I got them done lickety split and had a "Disney Singalong" with Lilley-Kate...

I'm trying REALLY hard... I can't remember the last time we had a sunny DAY (the sun HAS peeked out a couple of times... but sadly not for long)... I'm hoping this week the weather will co-operate and I can "get outta Dodge" to a neighboring state for some shopping! Keep your fingers crossed!

2 comments:

Peggy said...

Those are just too cute! You have been winding bobbins! I had great fun sewing with L from babyhood (plop her in the baby seat with scraps) through toddlerhood (I put a tape in her Fisher-Price tape recorder and taped her chatting with me - she easily filled up a 45 minute side of a 90 minute tape in one session - non-stop! Whew!) Now her room is next to the sewing room and we still talk over the speaker playing iPods. Sewing builds good communication skills!

Jenn said...

I feel for ya! It is frigid here and I am DONE with winter...wish it was done with me ;) Hard to "be nice" isn't it when you can't get out of the house??

Let's chat this week!
Jenn