Sunday, October 26, 2008

Weekend Wrap Up...

Saturday morning came cloudy and a bit rainy... but by noonish the sun was starting to peek out from the clouds... Michael has been DYING to get Lilley-Kate to a "new" area craft store... so we decided to head out for the day...

GARDEN RIDGE is a PLETHORA of seasonal items/decorations and every craft item/need you may want/have... we spent a generous 2 hours in there just perusing the ailse and oooooing and aaaaaaaahing over all the Christmas items/decorations and blow ups (the same CHEESIE things my BROTHER IN LAW puts in his FRONT YARD at the holidays)... they had some FABULOUS vintagey looking Halloween cut-outs... we picked up a JIONTED SKELETON for Nick's dorm room...

Typically every Sunday Michael and Lilley-Kate make a trip up to see Nick at school... Lilley-Kate and I baked him some of his FAVORITE cookies for her to take up to him...
When I came downstairs this morning after showering I found that my "all season" tree in the foyer had be "undecorated" and REdecorated by my favorite party girl... she was having a "pretend party" for her dolls and wanted to decorate the tree to match the party... it was "Lisa the Cabbage Patch Doll's" birthday...

The wind blew and blew today... all the leaves are pretty much off the trees... we had sprinkles throughout the day... I watch "Elizabeth The Golden Years" which Michael had recorded for me... and crocheted a bit this afternoon...
This week will be busy... Lilley-Kate has her Halloween Party in Tap... and her school party on Friday... not to mention pumpkin carving and Trick or Treating too...
Hope everyone had a nice weekend!!!


1 comment:

Jenn said...

Send the cookies my direction!!

I'm surprised you don't have that tree decked out in Halloween gear...or was that taken off during the redecoration process?!? I think LK did a smashing job...maybe interior design is in her future?!?

Jenn