Sunday, October 19, 2008

Falling Leaves and Fun...

This was the weekend to "winterize" the yard and cars for the upcoming season... a chill has settled in the air and the sky is that beautiful autumn blue... the cars were sent for servicing (and 4 new tires on my ride)... and Michael worked out in the yard to get things ready for colder weather to come... We had our first of many raking sessions and Lilley-Kate had fun playing in the leaves...

We had a HEAVY frost last night... this morning the thermometer read 31*!!!... We've started smelling fires burning in the fireplaces in our neighborhood... Michael stockpiled our wood (the seasoned wood goes into the garage for the winter)... it's always comforting to see that trail of smoke coming out of the chimneys in the neighborhood...

Tomorrow (Monday) I will be chaperoning a fieldtrip with Lilley-Kate's class to a Pumpkin Patch/Wagon Trail... I've got my "bag" packed... and yes... I am remembering my TYLENOL! I'm hoping the forecaster is right and it will be sunny and 60*...

One of the things that "SOLD" me on this house was the fact that it had a dogwood out front... a reminder of "home"... in the Spring it is full of blooms... and in the Fall it becomes a blaze of color...

Hope everyone had a nice weekend!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love the pictures!! Looks like LK had a Great time and the leaves are beautiful!