Thursday, August 07, 2008

IRRITATED... Sellers BEWARE...

UGH... I'm so IRRITATED (more than my NORMAL irritated state... LOL)... at myself mostly... funny... because WHAT is irritating me is really due to the fact that I DIDN'T follow my own "Business Policy"... and now I am nervous...

So... I sell on eBay... and have been for about 4 1/2 years... and overall have had a TOTALLY POSITIVE experience... I even met two of my BESTEST FRIENDS in the WHOLE WORLD through eBay!

My last auction cycle went smoothly... nothing "unusual" happened... I did have a prospective BUYER e-mail me about reduced/combined shipping (which isn't unusual)... I replied and stated that I would be happy to combine/reduce shipping once the auctions were over...

Auctions ended and I combined shipping... (giving her FREE SHIPPING on 2 items)... only to receive a "reply" to the invoice saying SHE thinks she should pay THIS AMOUNT for shipping and once I reinvoice her she will pay...

Here's where I am irritated... the auctions ended LATE last night... so I couldn't "check her out" before the auctions ended... TYPICALLY once I get a bid... I go in a check the feedback of that bidder AND the feedback they leave for others...

WELL... AFTER she e-mails me and says she should pay THIS AMOUNT for shipping I go and "check her out"... yea... the last FOUR feedbacks she has left have been NEGATIVES (for the sellers)... and the SELLERS responses have been "Buyer has history of buying and then asking for cheaper shipping"... UGH... NOT GOOD...

So... for those of you that MIGHT sell on eBay... TRY TRY TRY to "check out" your prospective BUYERS BEFORE AN AUCTION ENDS... that way you have the option of cancelling their bid... And be aware that the SELLER sets the terms of an auction... NOT the BUYER...

I reinvoiced her... after determining that I could offer her cheaper shipping (according to the PO website)... and am just going to have to keep my fingers crossed... Meanwhile adding her to the "FREAKS AND GEEKS" list (blocked bidders)...

But I'm STILL IRRITATED...

No comments: