Sunday, August 24, 2008

Crafting Together...

Saturday I decided that Lilley-Kate and I would have a "craft day" together... I had purchased Stepping Stone kits earlier in the season and thought it would be the perfect "before school starts" project... I set up a table in the shade under our big tree out back... and got to crafting...

I was able to "drag" Michael out of the garage... he's working on another "secret project" (could I be getting ANOTHER CUTE PATIO TABLE???)... to do the "dirty work" and mix the mortar...
And pour it into the molds for us... he's such a GREAT DADDY... after which he promptly disappeared back into the garage... and left us girls to our crafting...
We had LOTS of colorful glass bits to work with... the sun was shining through the trees on the glass and Lilley-Kate couldn't make up her mind which color was her favorite...

A butterfly stepping stone for Lilley-Kate... her favorite... and a flower for me... as we were setting the stones we listened to music and chatted about being in FIRST GRADE (she's VERY EXCITED)... favorite FLOWERS (Daisies for both of us)... BIRDS (her's CARDINAL, mine Chickadee)... FAVORITE FOODS (her's Mac and Cheese, mine pizza)... FAVORITE COLORS (her's Pink and sometimes purple, mine pink and sometimes red)... BALLET (she LOVES it)... come to think of it... we chatted about almost everything... and I LOVED EVERY MINUTE OF IT...
It was a fun afternoon spent with my FAVORITE GIRL...

2 comments:

Jenn said...

Aww...what fun! You both look so sweet...that will be a fun memory to remember each year as your collection grows!!!

Jenn

Jacki McHale said...

Hi Lala,

I know it's been forever since I left you a comment, I have to say I got all teary eyed over your craft day.

Now that I have an art room, I spend as much time down there with Mia and Alex as I can.

I can't wait to be able to do bigger projects with them like your fun one here.

It makes me so happy to know that other moms are spending creative time with there kids.

Thanks for sharing!

Jacki