Monday, March 02, 2009

Happy Birthday Dr. Seuss...

Today Lilley-Kate's school hosted a "Birthday Celebration" for Dr. Seuss (part of the Read Across America program)... it was an afternoon of everything "Suess"... The kids all sported "The Cat's Hat"...

And were served "green eggs and ham" (a bit TOO GREEN for about 98% of the kids... I think the lunch ladies went a bit too "seussie" with the food coloring!)...

We spent part of the event reading a Dr. Seuss book together... Lilley-Kate's favorite is "Fox in Socks" (Although I am NOT a "Seuss" fan... my favorite is Sam I Am)...
It was a fun afternoon... seeing the "Cat's Hats"... the GREEN eggs and ham... and spending time together READING (something we do OFTEN in our home)...






2 comments:

Peggy said...

Oh how fun! We begat a reader, too. In fact, L's Girl Scout Gold Award project involves reading! I agree, the eggs and ham took on an "interesting" hue. . .um, yum?

Jona Giammalva said...

Oh gurgle! Those eggs just made my stomach do a backflip! But you two are darling!!